Sunday 15 August 2010

They

They're stealing my land
roots settled there to grow in peace
rip from rocks they cling to
bleed drip-dribble-drip
as their theft continues

They say they can take
I'd not stop them for progress
moving quietly here
to there in my displacement
cauterising my wounds

They say I can't go
not until they have taken
deep draughts of iron
platelets from my blood
disease protectors and my fluid

They swim round my solution
drinking as they frolic there
the light from my eyes
defiling my existence
negatively blocking

They tie my roots up
hanging in their air - dying
until they rot and float
rootless on the breeze
as if they never were

They point out my empty land
claim I never could have lived
anchored to this place
my mind a carnage
of their wanton destruction

They steal my resting peace
dispossess my claim and title
throw a pittance
churlishly upon their ground
demand I leave
05Dec1995 CPR

Main site
Poetry site

Song site
Child Poems site


No comments:

Post a Comment